Welcome to our new weekly feature, Menu Plan Monday! Each Monday I am going to share my family’s menu plan with you. If you have any questions about what something is, or if you are interested in a recipe, don’t hesitate to ask.
A little about my family’s dinner routines — I have a lot of food restrictions/adaptations that I make from meal to meal. Dinner must provide enough food for my husband & I, as well as for our two children. Our 2 1/2 year old son eats just about everything, but out 15 month old daughter only has 7 teeth so there are a lot of foods that she doesn’t eat yet. I also try to get at least one additional serving out of each meal for my husband’s lunch the following day. You will also notice that from time to time I list a variation on the main course or a side dish, this is because my husband doesn’t eat a lot of the foods that I enjoy so instead of two completely different meals (I don’t like the message that would send to our children) I adapt each meal to fit all of our tastes.
- Monday: Grilled London Broil marinated in Italian Dressing, Baked Potatoes, Salad
- Tuesday: BBQ Chicken, Grilled Corn, Potato Packets
- Wednesday: Batch Cooking Day — Breakfast for Dinner
- Thursday: Honey Glazed Pork Chops, Brown Rice/Baked Potato, Salad
- Friday: Bourbon Glazed Salmon/Grilled Flounder, Brown Rice/Baked Potato, Grilled Veggies
- Saturday: At a friend’s house for a BBQ
- Sunday: Rotisserie Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Mixed Veggies
Since we belong to a farm co-op, side dishes and veggies will get switched around during the week depending on what we received in our farm share that Tuesday. I’ll update this menu when I have the chance to show the changes and substitutions I made.
Please feel free to share your family’s meal plan for this week in the comments field below.